If you are a freelance article writer or programmer, you are well aware that normally you stay in front of the PC for 10 or more hours a day. That is highly undesirable for your health and it leads to many negative effects, like headaches, back pains, stress, etc. Here we will tell you about some very effective tips how to finish work faster and feel less exhausted at the end of the day.
We will start with the first basic principle – installing time tracking with screenshots. Keeping a real track of your time is best way to learn how to spend it more productively. If you prefer spending your day out in nature, instead of being glued to your chair, then check how much time you waste on different websites. Also, you can see how many hours you have worked on the specific project. If you are working on several projects, you may get confused how much money you make from every project.
You can follow a rule to work not more than 8 hours a day. With time tracking with screenshots you will have a clear view how many hours you have worked every day. Because the employer will see what websites you have visited, you will stick to your work and won’t get distracted by other websites. You will learn that you can finish much more work for the same amount of time. Therefore, you will feel less tired at the end of the day which is the desired goal.
If you feel exhausted every day, there is something you need to change. Installing time tracking with screenshots is the first step to optimizing your work. Here are some additional advices how to feel better while working:
1. The eye level is at the center of the monitor or no higher than the top edge of the screen.
2. Direction of the beard to be forward – meaning the head has to be upright.
3. The elbow should be 90 degrees.
4. Wrists should not be curved, leaning or tense.
5. Shoulders should be relaxed.
6. The level of the knees should be at the level of the hips or slightly lower.
7. The back of the chair should support the waist.
8. Upper backrest to support shoulder tip.
9. Your feet must be stepped and relaxed.
10. The imaginary line between the ears and the pelvis should follow the natural curve of the spine.
And some generic recommendations for your overall behavior when you are working on the computer:
1. Learn to use the keyboard as a typewriter; the skill is valuable for life.
2. Relax on every hour.
3. Stretch the body from the waist upwards and the palms.
4. Look often aside of the monitor.
5. Do not have a bright light to meet vision.
6. Take the right position when you are sitting on a computer.