What if the Employee is Late for Work?
Why do not employees come to work on time? The reason is personal disorganization, laziness or lack of motivation? No, first of all, the reason is the absence of personnel control. Employees are late because the leadership allows them to do it.
What are the fears of being late?
The main minus of delays is that the company can simply lose customers. In the absence of a competent employee time tracking system, employees are in the office with regular delays. At this time, a potential or current client of the firm can call or personally look into the office. If he does not solve his problem, he will go to the competitor.
Unorganized control of staff is fraught with other drawbacks. The employee may be late because of insufficient motivation or low appreciation of his own place of work. In this case, the problem will not be solved until corporate values, professional control of personnel and the correct methods of motivation are introduced into the company’s work.
Do you have creative staff and, do not you think, they need employee time tracking? It’s just a stereotype. Creativity is one thing, respect for colleagues and clients, is different. Explain to employees that you are not “tightening up the nuts”, but instilling corporate standards and working on the reputation of the firm.
Another disadvantage of lack of staff control and frequent delays of subordinates may be discord in the team. The fact that everything is possible to one, and others fined for the smallest fault, will not bring your company anything good. The control of the personnel, if any, must be objective and impartial. Have you decided to take control of the delay? Conditions must be the same for everyone.
How to fix the situation?
I would like to make a reservation: the control of personnel in small organizations should be gentler than in a large company. Yet small and medium-sized firms are a group of like-minded people who go to the same goal, are motivated and aim at the result. In the strict control of personnel at this stage of development is not necessary.
In large companies, employee time tracking and other methods for staff control must be established clearly: the rules are written, the responsibility for their violation.
How to get rid of delays?
1. Give a personal example and ask other managers to maintain discipline. The rules for monitoring personnel should be the same for all.
2. Do not leave tardiness without attention, but do not “report” the subordinate publicly.
3. Enter the automated employee time tracking in the company. Such software will allow taking control of personnel to a new level. You will not only be able to control discipline, you will have data to analyze the entire work of the company.
4. Practice personal conversations with unscrupulous employees. In this case, you can even not strongly “press” on the employee. The situation when the leader personally understands the offense, in itself is very unpleasant.
5. The rules introduced in the company, should not be perceived formally. Meet them with new employees and emphasize that employee time tracking is serious.
6. Penalties for violators and bonuses for conscientious employees are not a panacea. Try to start non-material methods of motivating employees. Do not go the easy way, especially since in the long run it will not lead you to the desired result.
The control of personnel in modern organizations is an objective necessity. Remember that a young employee or a new employee of the company is almost never late in the first days of their work. Therefore, non-punctuality is just an excuse. Everything depends on the discipline and system of control of personnel in the enterprise.